Saturday, March 29, 2008

No more wireless service!!!

Unbelievable. I got an e-mail from Ricochet's customer service telling me that they are ceasing operations in Denver and service will be cut off as of today! I shot a response about being billed for next month's service and why the short notice? Now that I have to go to the library or Kinko's, I feel highly annoyed. Checking the company's website was of no help. It was similar to the e-mail. I googled Ricochet but no news came up. I wonder what's going on. Was the Denver market so poor that the decision to cut service was decided upon so quickly?
The first year I paid $20+ (I think $24.99 or $25.99) then after my year was up, I stopped service for a couple of months as I thought I didn't really spend time on the computer that much. I went to the library and to Kinkos (there I found out I spent more that $30) so I reinstated service and they had a special going on ($19.95) which made me really happy.
Here's the letter...

Dear Ricochet Customer:

Civitas Wireless Solutions, LLC regrets to announce we will be ceasing
to operate the Ricochet(R) wireless network in the Denver metropolitan
area effective March 28th, 2008. This includes both wireless and dial
access services.

We have arranged with Comcast to provide you with High Speed Internet
services at a special price, to provide you an outstanding alternative
for your Internet needs. Please contact Comcast at 1-888-824-8457 and
mention that you are a former Ricochet customer to receive the special
rate of $29.99 a month for 12 months, with free installation of Comcast
High Speed Internet. To receive this rate, please call before April
15th, 2008.

If you use a Ricochet email address, you can maintain your email
account for only $6.00 per month. Please send an email to
support@forethought.net with Ricochet in the subject line, or contact
ForeThought.net at 303-815-1000 for further details. You must contact
Forethought.net by 12pm, Wednesday, April 2nd, or your email service
will be discontinued and you will not have access to your email.
Subscribers who choose not to continue email service through
Forethought.net will not have access to Ricochet email past 12pm on
April 2nd.

It has been a pleasure serving you over the past several years. Should
you have any questions regarding your account please email our Customer
Care team at customercare@ricochet.net.


Regards,
Ricochet Customer Care
Civitas Wireless Solutions, LLC

No comments: