Sunday, March 9, 2008

Max & Kristina


I met Kristina through a financial news agency I was a data entry temp at. This was way back in the fall of 1999. I remember my first day of work was my supervisor's birthday because when I arrived the department was busy celebrating so I had to wait awhile in her cubicle. My assignment lasted till around St. Patrick's day 2000. During that time, I got to know Kristina as she invited me to attend her social activities - bowling & going to sports games with her and her friends - and chatted about funny or exciting things in her life. One exciting event I can still recall is the Valentine dinner where Kristina, her beau, her best friend and her beau dined at a nice restaurant. Her best friend's beau proposed and her best friend accepts! Amy & Scott engaged! Then Kristina's beau gives her a velvet box. With trembling hands and a racing heart, she accepts the box thinking, "Oh my God!". She opens the box. In the box is a pair of diamond earrings. Whew! Now she can concentrate on Amy's wedding as Kristina is Maid of Honor and the wedding is on in a few short months.
Kristina and Max worked as tellers for Norwest Bank, shared an apartment, and graduated from Arvada West High. I crack up whenever they talk about those days. Time makes things that were not funny back then sidesplitting now!

No comments: