Saturday, May 10, 2008

Friday night dinner party

Last night I went to a dinner party hosted by Max who is Kristina's friend. Kristina stopped by the hospital because her brother's wife, Michelle, gave birth. Theresa Heather Cooper was born at midnight. She gave Brian a bottle of wine. Kristina mentioned that in Ireland, Guiness is served to the new mothers as it has iron which helps in the production of breast milk. We ate some chips - MadHouse kettle chips - and scratched $2 cards which were all losers! Max started cooking dinner in his flavorwave. It's like a George Foreman grill - the heating element is on top and the rack is high enough so the meat doesn't swim in grease. When Max announced dinner was ready, Kristina set the tv channel on some nice music. He served bacon wrapped shrimped as an appetizer. Kristina passed. She doesn't care for seafood and bacon. Dinner was pork tenderloin, baked potato and green mix salad. It was all very delicious. We each had a Smirnoff berry drink. I had the pomegranite Smirnoff. Very smooth. Max opened his Trump game. That is a very frustrating game to play. It took us forever to set things up and read through the instructions. Max was the first to use his You're Fired! card. I was his first victim. I finally got wise, late in the game, and used my tax on property cards. When the game ended, it was Kristina who won as her total was in the billions. Then we ate Breyer's cherry ice cream with rum and looked at Max's photos. He had a hair! And a moustache! And glasses! We had fun talking about who was in the photos and all.
I'd like to throw a dinner party too. Some day when I live in a nice place and have a steady job, I'll invite my friends for a get together.

No comments: