28 June 2008
I went to Aspen Grove to shop at Lane Bryant. The Littleton Arts Festival was going on. How lucky! I browsed a bit and found the vendor I’ve been searching for a couple of years. This lady creates beautiful flowers from clay. I first bought some small pieces when I was living in Northglenn and she had a booth at the Thorntonfest. She doesn’t have the really small pieces now but I bought three of her small pieces. I would love to have her larger pieces. Oh, I wish I had my very own place. In my cramp studio apartment, I’ve got too much stuff. I know I should just get rid of my precious junk but I can’t. ANYWAY!!! I spent a bit more than I budgeted for but I’m quite happy with my purchases. I wanted to wear something nice for my last day of work. Monday, 30 June 29, 2008, is my last day. I hope my temp agency finds something for me or I hope a scratch ticket/powerball ticket/slot machine gives me a big fat jackpot. I went to the library and searched for a book on building a business on the internet. Woo hoo! The DPS doesn’t have it but another one does so I ordered it. Maybe this is it. Maybe being an internet entrepreneur is my destiny. I sure am tired of worrying about my next paycheck.
30 June 2008
Last day at work. Brian let me know I can use him as a reference.
Max picked me up and we headed to Kristina’s parents’ house to pick her up. We stopped by Dairy Queen then at King Soopers where Kristina’s brother Jeremy was doing the grocery shopping. We got to Red Rocks where we were not entertained by a comedian. The Boulder Acoustic Society performed. Great music. Then the zombie contest. I thought I saw “Shaun of the Dead” but I didn’t. I meant to but I can’t recall why I didn’t see it. Anyway. It was good. We were sitting on comforters and had pillows for our backs but we needed more cushioning. It was rather nice to sit in the amphitheater and enjoy music and a movie. It felt like a Friday. Nice way to start out the week.
1 July 2008
Met Barbara at Flatirons. Many stores have closed and no new tenants. Sad. Barbara has let her hair grow out to the style she had when I first met her. We chatted for a couple of hours then decided to have something to eat. I got fresh squeezed lemonade and a vegetarian pizza and a cheese pizza. She had pepperoni pizza and I forgot what the other one was and a Coke, I think. Big todo when we got up to leave. My glasses were missing. We kept looking in my bag and in the trash can. We finally found it by our table. Whew!
Barbara headed home around three but I hung around the mall for a bit longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment