Saturday, June 14, 2008

Movies

Tuvalu – A film that runs on story. Words are used sparingly. I don’t know quite what the story is but I liked it! There’s Anton who works in a grand old indoor pool, his brother Gregor who goes around demolishing buildings and their blind father.

Surprise – A short film in which things are not as they seem. A man set things up in the bedroom while a woman sleeps on the bed. I thought this film was shot well.

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – It’s been years since I read the book. I enjoyed the movie version.

Clerks II – I cringed and laughed! I want to see the first one!

Comic Book Villains – I laughed. All the characters were hilarious. Two comic store owners find out about this woman who still has her son’s comic book collection. She isn’t interested in selling but the owners still try to convince her. Out of desperation, one decided to enlist his former classmate (the bully who used to beat him up) to steal the collection. Things go awry big time.

Full Metal Alchemist – I enjoyed this Japanese animation. I gather this used to be a TV series.

Rory O’Shea Was Here – A funny and touching story. Two disabled men become friends and make a bid to live on their own. One man (that guy who was in The King of Scotland) is determined to live his short life to the fullest. The other man whose father is a Lord is a quiet, shy, well mannered man.

No comments: